2017 Yamaha SRViper M‑TX 162 SE
SRViper M‑TX 162 SE
- Engine Type: 4-Stroke / 1049cc
- Engine Class: High Performance
- Clutch/Transmission: YVXC
- Fuel Delivery: 41mm Mikuni fuel injection
- Fuel Capacity: 10 gal. (37L)
- Front Suspension: SRV-M
- Front Shocks: Fox ® FLOAT® 3
- Front Travel: 7 in. (177mm)
- Ski Type: Yamaha MTN
- Rear Suspension: Dual Shock SR 162
- Rear Shock(s): Aluminum HPG / Fox® FLOAT® 3
- Rear Travel: 16.5 in. (419mm)
- Track / W x L x H: 15 x 162 x 3.0 in. (381 x 4115 x 76mm)
- Track Type: Camoplast® Power Claw™
- Ski Stance (ctr to ctr): 34.5-38.5 in. (876-978mm) adjustable
- Electric Start: Standard
- Reverse: Push button
- Hand/Thumb Warmers: Standard
- Headlight Watts, Type: 60/55 Watts, H4 Halogen
- DC Output: Automotive
- Heated Seat: Optional
- Color: Heat Red/Black
- Genesis 1049cc High Performance Engine (deep snow unique): The 3-cylinder Genesis engine has been regarded as the industry’s best four-stroke engine. Featuring a sophisticated closed-loop fuel injection system and 4-valves per cylinder, the 1049 engine delivers a class-leading horsepower, instant throttle response and a thick torque curve that jettisons you on top of the deep snow in a blink of an eye. All with great fuel economy and a reputation for bulletproof durability.
- YVXC Clutching: Featuring Yamaha drive and driven clutching, the YVXC system delivers smooth engagement, instant acceleration, fast reacting backshift, and cool operating temperatures for a long belt life. The YVXC clutch system delivers Yamaha’s hallmark smooth power delivery, responsive engine feel and unmatched quality.
- High Flow Intake and Exhaust: The forward facing design of the air-box and engine intake system on the Genesis 1049cc engine results in maximum airflow to the engine and no starvation. This ensures maximum power and throttle response. In addition, a high-flow, stainless steel exhaust header is cooled by snow for optimum performance without excessive heat and noise.
- Performance Windscreen: The lean and assertive demeanor of the SR Viper is freshened for 2016 with a new performance inspired, color-matched windscreen.
- SRV Chassis: Sophisticated aluminum extrusions are joined with precision castings to create an incredibly strong, lightweight and rider intuitive chassis. The over-structure design provides rigidity and is designed to disperse severe impacts throughout the chassis making it exceptionally resilient.
- Vertical Steering Post: A Vertical Steering Post delivers optimum ergonomics for standup riding. The tall riser, with broad curved-end mountain bar and incorporated mountain strap is unique to the Viper X-TX LE and M-TX models and delivers improved leverage and control for off-trail riding.
- Dual Shock SR 162 Rear Suspension: The unique Dual Shock SR rear suspension is a torsion springless design incorporating an infinitely adjustable FOX® FLOAT® shock at the rear arm for reduced weight and limitless tuning capabilities. The open and clean look of the suspension allows snow to evacuate quickly and easily, eliminating build up and unwanted weight. In addition, the uncoupled design and extended track contact area deliver exceptional flotation and conforms to terrain in an effort to deliver optimum traction and instant lift in a wide variety of deep snow conditions
- FOX FLOAT 3 Rear Shock: The next generation FOX FLOAT shock is now standard equipment and touts the limitless tuning capabilities of air-spring technology joined by improved calibrations, valving components and a new easier to access air valve. The FOX FLOAT is the most progressive, adjustable, and lightweight air shock available.
- Magnesium Drive Case/Oil Reservoir: The multi-function case is made of lightweight magnesium and serves multiple functions. Foremost it serves as the chain-case housing with integrated push-button reverse; it also provides a rigid mounting location for the upper chassis spar; and it serves as the remote oil reservoir. The multi-function design makes for a lightweight and more compact chassis design resulting in improved ride and handling.
- Conjoined Rear Wheel-Set: A composite rear axle hub assembly is conjoined into a single hub design, making it both lighter and stronger than two separate wheels, resulting in less un-sprung weight for a more responsive rear suspension.
- Contoured Mountain Seat: The lightweight and narrow profile M-TX mountain seat is both shorter than a standard seat and more tapered towards the front. The seat allows for easier transitions from side-to-side, and improved stand-up ergonomics thanks to its narrow cockpit juncture.
- Digital Gauge Package: The deluxe gauge package touts large, easy to read black on white digits, making it easy to keep track of vehicle and engine diagnostics even when navigating a drifted ditch-line or mogul littered trail. The easy to operate, technology packed display includes coolant temperature, exhaust temperature, intake air temperature, voltage, along with speed, rpm, altimeter, clock, fuel level, trip meters, and much more.
- Push Button Reverse: Standard push button reverse actuates a servo-controlled reverse gear providing both comfort and convenience.
- LED Taillight: The high-intensity LED taillight/brake light is lighter and brighter than a traditional incandescent design, and delivers a significantly longer lifespan.
- Engine Type
- 41mm Mikuni fuel injection
- Drive Clutch
- Front Suspension
- Suspension: SRV-M; Shocks: Fox® FLOAT® 3
- Front Travel
- 7.0 in.
- Rear Suspension
- Suspension: Dual Shock SR 162; Shocks: Aluminum HPG / Fox® FLOAT® 3
- Rear Travel
- 16.5 in.
- Ski Type
- Yamaha MTN
- Ski Stance
- 34.5-38.5 in. adjustable
- Track Type
- Camoplast® Power Claw™
- Track Dimensions
- 15 x 162 x 3 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 10 gal.
- Heat Red/Black
- Electric Start
- Hand & Thumb Warmers
- Push button